Friday 5 October 2012

First Kiss

It was a cold January evening. The sun had set, We quietly walked along the dark road, that overlooked the lake. The wind swept through my hair, brushed my face and gave me goosebumps on my arms. He moved in closer and wrapped his hand around mine. Our shoulders bumped into each other as we walked. I looked at our feet, so in sync and then I looked at him and caught him looking at me. We smiled awkwardly. Suddenly, he stopped in his tracks and turned to stand in front of me. The moon, that was previously hidden behind clouds, illuminated his face. He held both my hands in his' as he looked into my eyes. My cheeks turned a bright crimson and a whole pack of butterflies attacked my tummy. I lowered my gaze into nothingness, unable to meet his eye. He held my chin between his fingers and lifted my face up. Combating my shyness, I looked back into his eyes and clasped onto his hands, tighter. He smiled and suddenly, he leaned in and pressing his lips against mine, he kissed me. After a couple of seconds, he pulled back and he was rather amused at the stunned, eye-popping-out expression on my face. It took me a few moments to register what had happened and when it did, I grinned at him and he grinned back. Then we resumed walking, hand in hand, quietly into the darkness of the night. It was the most perfect first kiss ever

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about this post?